To provide and maintain a safe, friendly facility for the responsible use of firearms by its members and guests. Members pay dues and contribute at least eight (8) hours of useful work in the service of club interests each year (see Membership for more detail).
The Independent Living Gun Club was incorporated May 22, 2012. The Club has 19 acres located in Jurupa Valley which it purchased on January 24, 1981. For almost 5 years now we’ve been offering course and training in the art of gunsmithing and gun cleaning to all who wish to join our quarterly workshops.
Basic rules of firearm safety.
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction down range.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
- Know your target and what is beyond.
- Know how to use the gun safely.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
- Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate.
- Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
- Be aware that certain types of guns and many shooting activities require additional safety precautions.